- 1/2 ounce simple syrup 
- Fresh ginger root
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 12 ounces chilled pilsner-style beer*
- lemon wedge, optional for garnish
- Grate the ginger, peel on, until you have approximately 1 tablespoon of grated ginger. Squeeze the juice out of the grated ginger using a cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
- Pour 3/4 teaspoon freshly squeezed ginger juice (reserve rest for another use) and lemon juice into a pint glass, along with the simple syrup. Top with beer.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon.
*I used Birra Moretti.
- Drinks, Summertime
- Other Asian