- 1 pound green grapes
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 (500-mg) vitamin C tablet, crushed to a powder with back of a spoon
- 2 bottles dry white wine (preferably Albariño or Pinot Grigio)
- Pureé grapes, apples, mint, sugar, vitamin C, and 2 cups wine in 2 batches in a blender until smooth. Transfer pureé to a pitcher and stir in remaining wine.
- Chill, covered, at least 2 hours and up to one day.
- Before serving, strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids. Serve over ice.
Makes 2 quarts.
- Drinks, Punch