- 1/2 cup mint leaves, plus mint sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup sugar syrup (recipe follows)
- 5 cups club soda
- 4 cups vodka
- 4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- To make the sugar syrup, heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over low heat, stirring with wooden spoon until sugar has dissolved. Stop stirring and increase heat to medium. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool; refrigerate 2 hours before using.
- In large bowl, muddle 1/2 cup mint leaves with sugar syrup.
- Stir in club soda, vodka*, lemon juice, and 2/3 cup superfine sugar. Chill.
- Pour into ice-filled pitchers with lemon rounds and mint sprigs; serve in tall glasses.
* To make a nonalcoholic batch of lemonade, reserve the vodka and add 1 1/2 ounces to each glass before pouring.
- Drinks, Cocktails