I don't think this is an authentic Moroccan recipe, but it certainly sounds delicious. This cocktail is made with cardamom - a slightly sweet floral spice that smells heavily of eucalyptus- infused simple syrup. Although the name may be unfamiliar, this is actually a pretty common, kosher spice that they sell at your local Safeway. Mixed with pomegranate vodka, lemon juice, and fresh pomegranate juice, this is a cocktail that will take you to an exotic place. Come away with me to Morocco, to find out how, just read more
2 oz Charbay Pomegranate Vodka
1/2 oz cardamom-infused simple syrup, recipe follows
1/2 oz lemon juice
1/2 oz pomegranate puree or juice
- Pour the vodka, cardamom simple syrup, lemon juice and pomegranate puree in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Cardamom Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1/4 cup whole cardamom
2 cups sugar
- Bring water and cardamom to a boil.
- Stir in sugar until fully dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 3 days, then remove the cardamom.