Friday is finally here and you know what that means, it's cocktail time! Wow that sounded way too much like Sandra Lee... obviously it's been a very long week. I'm not afraid to say I'm ready for a strong, comforting cocktail — by comforting I mean super sweet and fabulously girlie. A raspberry lemon drop with a sugar coated rim is just what the doctor ordered. Think you can only order a cocktail this gorgeous at a restaurant? Well think again! I've got the California Pizza Kitchen's recipe, so you can enjoy it wherever you want, whenever you want. You'll learn how it's done when you read more
1 1/2 oz cirtrus vodka (suggested Ketel One Citroen)
3/4 oz Triple Sec
1/2 oz Chambord Liqueur
1 oz Sweet & Sour mix
Juice from two lemon wedges
lemon twist & sugar for rimming glass, optional
- If desired rub a lemon wedge around the rim of a martini glass and dip in sugar to coat the rim.
- In metal mixing tin, fill with ice, add vodka, triple sec, Sweet & Sour and juice from two lemon wedges.
- Shake thoroughly and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Pour Chambord down the center of the drink for layered affect (red bottom, yellow/white up top).
- Garnish with a lemon twist if desired.