The Smurfs are turning 50 this year, and to celebrate, Stirrings — maker of my favorite on-the-go drink mixers — has created a specialty cocktail. While the classic cartoon characters were blue, the drink has a pretty burgundy color.
A combination of orange-flavored vodka and wild blueberry juice, the Smurfette is one potent cocktail. If you loved the Smurfs as a child, you will surely enjoy this cocktail as an adult.
To see how it's made,
- 2 oz orange-flavored vodka (recommended: Svedka Clementine)
- 3 oz Stirrings Wild Blueberry
- sugar mixed with lemon zest, optional for rim
- If desired wet the rim of a martini glass with a lemon wedge. Dip into sugared lemon zest, set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the vodka and blueberry mixer. Shake for 1 minute to combine.
- Strain into prepared glass and enjoy!
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American