- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (Spanish almonds are the best to use)
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts (cleaned and trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Toast the almonds in pan over medium heat (no oil required) until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Place haricots verts in a pot of salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove, drain water, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Pat beans dry. (Beans can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beans and toss. Just before serving, add the toasted almonds and season with salt and pepper. Top with shredded Parmesan.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes
- North American