3 to 4 large whole-wheat tortillas, or enough to cut out 12 small circles
1 cup lean ground turkey, cooked (or meat of your choice)
1/2 cup salsa of choice
2 teaspoons dry taco seasoning
1/2 cup low-fat refried beans
1/2 cup low-fat shredded Mexican blend or 2 percent cheddar cheese
Optional Toppings: sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, low-fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray a 12-count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3 to 4 medium circles out of each wrap.
- Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ground meat, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop 1/8 cup of the meat mixture into each tortilla cup.
- Top each serving with shredded cheese and olives, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Wait for the the minipizzas to cool and remove from the muffin tin using a fork or knife. The pizzas should pop out with ease! Serve with a side of salsa, low-fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and/or shredded lettuce, if desired!
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- 12 servings