- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 6 ounces wavy egg noodles, such as No-Yolks
- 1 pound cooked, chopped chicken breast
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Sauté oil, celery, carrots, and onion over medium heat until vegetables soften and onions become somewhat translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth.
- Once broth is at a rolling boil, add in egg noodles and simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are done but still firm to the bite.
- Add in chopped chicken breast and allow to simmer until heated through, about 30 seconds.
- Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with chopped fresh dill.
Serves 8 to 10.
- Soups/Stews, Pasta/Noodle
- North American