- 3 1/2 cups cranberries (one 12-ounce bag)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- zest and juice of 1 orange (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger, peeled
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- Combine cranberries, cherries, shallots, vinegar, orange zest and juice, ginger, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan, and cook over medium heat until cranberries pop.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries release their juices, about 15 minutes. If the cranberry sauce becomes too thick, add water until the desired consistency is reached. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
Makes 3 cups.
- Condiments/Sauces, Dressings