- 8 corn tortillas (1 package), cut into fourths
- 1 spray can of high-heat oil, like canola
- 1 1/2 cups high-heat oil, like canola
- Salt, to taste
- To bake chips: Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a bowl, coat half of the package of tortilla fourths with canola oil spray. Toss to make sure everything is thoroughly coated, then spread tortillas apart on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20-24 minutes, flipping halfway during bake time, until chips are golden and crisp. Allow chips to cool slightly before serving
- To fry chips: In a medium-size saucepan, heat canola oil over medium heat. When it begins to shimmer, add 4 pieces of tortilla. The oil should bubble around the chips, otherwise the oil is not hot enough. Cook for 2 minutes, flipping halfway, until chips are golden brown. Remove from heat and place on paper towels to absorb extra oil. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately.
Makes 32 tortilla chips.
- Other, Snacks