Still deliberating over what to serve for Thanksgiving?
While it's true that there's less than 24 hours until the biggest meal of the year, don't let the timing deter you from preparing a fabulous feast that's still outrageously indulgent. Unless you reveal your secret, your guests won't know the difference between this meal and one that you spent days preparing. To get our top suggestions if you've only got a couple of hours to put everything together, read more.
- Skip the tedious roasting and carving. Serve this 60-minute turkey platter instead.
- Need a hasty vegetable side? Heat up frozen creamed spinach, plated with a garnish. Creamed spinach is such an all-around favorite dish, we promise it'll be a winner.
- While the turkey's cooking, make stuffing squares with saltines and vegetables on hand.
- Punch up frozen mashed potatoes by stirring in chicken broth, half a cup of Parmesan cheese, and a teaspoon of truffle oil. Nobody will know you didn't make it from scratch!
- Store-bought, whole-berry cranberry sauce does double duty as a both a condiment as well as a sweet and tart topping for pound cake.
- Pour a cocktail made of ingredients you likely have on hand, such as this cranberry mimosa, which simply calls for cranberry juice, orange juice, and sparkling wine.
- Still scrambling to get everything together? Employ your guests to help out in the kitchen.