- Rinse the glasses immediately after using. If you're tired and want to deal with the aftermaths of a party in the morning, fill the glasses with water and set near the sink. This will ensure that the wine doesn't stain the glasses.
- Wash with warm, not hot water.
- Fill with water and swirl, several times. Repeat.
- The folks at Riedel insist that no dishwasher soap is necessary, but I prefer to add a single drop of soap. Swirl, rinse, and repeat until the glasses are clean.
- To remove lipstick marks, scrub gently with a washcloth.
- Do a final rinse with cold water and set upside down on a dishtowel to drip dry for a minute.
- Dry with a cotton or linen towel (do not use terry cloth).
- To polish, steam the clean glasses over a pot of boiling water. Hold the glass by the base and carefully rub with microfiber towels.
- When drying the inside of the glass, cradle the bowl of the glass in your left hand and dry carefully with your right hand. Avoid holding from the base because the glass may break.
How do you wash wine glasses?