I loved the idea so much that I had to ask sabs how she did it. Interested in making one yourself? Find out how when you read more.
What you'll need:
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
3 cremini mushroom caps, stems removed
5-10 red radishes
1 bunch green onions
14-19 wooden skewers
1 clear flower vase
How to put it all together:
- Using a knife, carefully slice the root ends off each radish, and cut four slits around each radish to create flower "petals." (Retain radish tops with leaves, if possible.) Soak radishes for a few hours or overnight until the "petals" begin to open up.
- Pierce each radish flower with a skewer, then string a green onion through the skewers for a stem-like effect.
- Cut each of the bell peppers in half in a jagged motion to mimic the scalloped edge of a tulip petal. One side of each pepper will have seeds; the other side will not. Trim the ribs out of the side of each pepper without seeds.
- Pierce a skewer through each seed-side pepper half and set aside. (Depending on weight and size of peppers, you may need two skewers for each "flower.")
- Pierce a skewer through each seedless pepper half, adding a mushroom cap in the center of each of the peppers. Set aside
- Slice cucumber lengthwise in thin, long strips to create fill for the vase.
- Fill a clear flower vase with the cucumber strips. Arrange radish flower, seed-side, and seedless pepper skewers in the vase.
Marvel at your creation!