Dishes like stuffing , french toast , stratas , and bread pudding  may be thrifty ways to give yesterday's bread a second life, but that doesn't mean that there's always stale bread on hand when a craving hits. Instead of buying a loaf only to wait an extra day to get your carb fix, try this simple trick for near-instant stale bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the bread into the size specified by the recipe. If your recipe calls for no crusts, remove them now.
- Arrange the slices or cubes into a single layer on a half-sheet pan. Do not season or coat the bread with oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and dry, but not browned.
- Use the dried-out bread in your recipe.