- Add a cup of almond milk to your recipe, as seen here with this lighter take on clam chowder.
- Toss in some steamed cauliflower and mash or blend everything together.
Four more different ways to thicken up your soups, when you keep reading.
- Stir in yogurt, sour cream, or butter for slightly different flavors and mouthfeels. Melting butter into your soup won't be creamy in the traditional sense, but it will leave you with a richer, fuller-bodied broth.
- Throw a handful of cooked rice into your soup, then blend together.
- Blend your pot of soup in a high-powered blender (in batches if you can't fit it all) until it has a creamy texture.
- Steam potatoes and mash them into any soup recipe for a starchier texture.
Do you have any creamy add-ins for soup that you love to use?