- Most recipes call for the white and light green parts only. Start by slicing the dark green part off. Slice off the bottom end.
- Cut the leek in half lengthwise and dice according to the specifications in your recipe.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water. Toss the chopped leeks in the water and swirl with your hands.
- Let stand in the water for several minutes. Swirl with your hands again to ensure all the dirt is removed.
- Drain in a colander and dry with a paper towel.
Do you cook with leeks? How do you prepare them?