Don't forget to soften the cream cheese!
2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 9-ounce package chocolate wafer cookies
9 Oreo cookies, crushed
- In a medium bowl, add heavy whipping cream and sugar, and beat using a hand mixer or whisk until soft peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese until soft. Slowly incorporate cream cheese, mixing on a low speed, until fully incorporated.
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a plate or cake caddy , covering it evenly. Arrange a layer of wafer cookies on top. Cover with a layer of cream cheese mixture and more wafer cookies. Repeat until you have used all the cookies. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over the top and around the sides, so that it looks just like a layered cake.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap or cake caddy cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, pat the sides of the cake with crushed Oreo cookies, then slice into wedges. Serve cold.
- Desserts, Cake
- North American
- Serves 6-8