8 yellow peaches, peeled  and sliced
1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
1/4 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons heavy cream
Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Toss together the peaches, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Divide evenly between 4 ramekins, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the remaining brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Work in the butter with your fingertips, then fold in the boiling water.
- Divide the cobbler topping between the ramekins, drizzle with heavy cream, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and sugar, and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if using.
- Cobblers, Desserts
- North American
- Serves 4