- Don't feel pressured to invite anyone. It's your party and just because you work with someone doesn't mean you have to ask them to join you on your wedding day.
- Although it depends on your event, it is smart office politics to invite your boss. They may not attend, but they will appreciate the courtesy of an invitation.
- If it's a birthday or baby shower, ask a trusted co-worker to help you organize something separate for just your work friends. That way they won't feel left out.
- Bring up the party as little as possible while at work. Discussing details loudly in the lunchroom could annoy uninvited co-workers.
- Send the invitation to the your co-worker's home or personal email address. This will make it clear that not everyone in the office is invited.
What's your advice for handling sticky invitation situations?