Bacon-wrapped anything is delicious, so it goes without saying that these jalapeño poppers — which are each stuffed with herbs and cheese, then wrapped with an entire slice of bacon — are over the top. Despite sounding indulgent, they're incredibly easy to make and perfect for any party. Learn the tricks to prepping them, like how to keep the heat in check and avoid messy oven explosions, when you watch the video.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 16 large jalapeño peppers
- 16 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 325°F, and line a half-sheet pan with tinfoil.
- In a mixing bowl, fold together the cream cheese, monterey jack, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Slice a T-shaped slit in each pepper and remove the ribs and seeds. Fill the peppers with filling. Wrap the peppers with bacon and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Serve warm.
- Vegetables, Appetizers
- 16 jalapeño poppers