UK's Buckingham Palace has been abuzz as Prime Minister Gordon Brown hosts world leaders from countries such as China, Japan, and the US to discuss key issues surrounding the global economy. Last night, finance ministers took a break from heated dialogue to enjoy a multi-course dinner prepared by UK celebrity chef Jamie Oliver  in Prime Minister Brown's house at 10 Downing Street .
TV's famed Naked Chef cooked the dinner with the help of apprentices from Fifteen London , his restaurant that trains unemployed and at-risk youth. The dinner menu , which Oliver described  as "the best of Britain," features organic, sustainable foods from around the British Isles. To see what President Obama and other leaders ate, .
- Baked Scottish salmon with seashore vegetables, broad beans, herb garden salad, mayonnaise, and wild garlic-scented Irish soda bread
- Vegetarian option: Childwickbury goat cheese with roast shallots, seashore vegetables, herb green salad, and wild garlic-scented Irish soda bread
- Slow-roasted shoulder of Welsh lamb, first of the season Jersey Royal potatoes, first of the season asparagus, and wild St. George mushrooms with mint sauce and gravy
- Vegetarian option: lovage and potato dumplings with first of the season asparagus and wild St. George mushrooms
- Hot bakewell tart with homemade custard
So far, the media has been somewhat critical of the menu, and the Guardian  called it "not terribly exciting." Still, I think the menu sounds appetizing, although — unlike President Obama  — I am a fan of British food. Does the menu impress you?