Look for sprigs of culinary lavender at the farmers market; dried can be found in the spice section of some supermarkets or online . If you can't find sprigs of fresh culinary lavender for the garnish, then omit it, or sprinkle each glass with a pinch of dried culinary lavender.
- For the lavender syrup:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried culinary lavender
- For the cocktail:
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce lavender syrup
- 1/4 ounce Page's Parfait Amour
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Soda water
- Lavender flower, for garnish (optional)
- For the lavender syrup: Add the sugar, water, and lavender to a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup has come to a simmer. Cook for 2 more minutes, and then take it off the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain the lavender out; chill before using. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- For the cocktail: Add the vodka, lavender syrup, Page's Parfait Amour, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously, and strain into an ice-filled collins glass. Top off with soda water, and garnish with a sprig of lavender, if using.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 cocktail, plus 2 cups lavender syrup