2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 chicken drumsticks
4 chicken thighs
Tomato Bread Salad
3 large tomatoes, cut in 1-in. chunks (4 to 5 cups)
1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1⁄3 cup light Italian dressing
4 large 1-in.-thick slices Italian bread
1 garlic clove, cut in half
Nonstick cooking spray
1⁄2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, slivered
- Marinade: Wrap 1 tsp chopped rosemary and 1 tsp grated lemon zest in plastic and keep for garnish. Put remaining rosemary and lemon zest, the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Heat outdoor grill or broiler.
- Meanwhile, make the Salad: Toss tomatoes, onion and dressing in a medium bowl. Rub both sides of bread with cut side of garlic clove, then spray with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes per side, or until lightly toasted.
- When cool enough to handle, cut bread in bite-size chunks. Put basil and bread on top of the tomatoes but don’t toss until 10 minutes before serving.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill (discard marinade). Cover grill and cook, turning chicken as needed, 30 to 35 minutes until juices run clear when meat is pierced. Sprinkle with reserved lemon zest and rosemary. Serve with the salad.
- Poultry, Main Dishes