For juicy chicken, season the drumsticks with salt and pepper at least 30 minutes before cooking, and as early as 3 days before cooking.
- Kosher salt
- Pepper, freshly cracked
- 10-16 skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Generously season the drumsticks with salt and pepper, and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, time permitting. Pat the drumsticks dry with paper towels just before cooking.
- Heat a 12-inch, heavy-bottomed skillet (preferably not nonstick) over medium-high heat. If you don't have a large enough skillet, use two smaller skillets. Add the oil and half the butter. When the butter is foaming, brown the drumsticks on all sides in batches; transfer the browned drumsticks to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add all the drumsticks back to the skillet(s), cover with the lid, and cook for 20-25 minutes, rearranging the drumsticks every 5-10 minutes for even cooking. Remove the lid and add the remaining butter, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Gently toss to coat the drumsticks. Take the skillet off the heat and leave the flavors to infuse for a few minutes (this also allows the chicken to rest). Sprinkle with parsley, and serve hot.
- Main Dishes
- 3-4 servings