Linguine and clams is one of my all-time favorite meals. I've made countless variations, sometimes with cream, other times with a ton of herbs or bacon. However, I've never made pasta with clams and chorizo! This mouthwatering recipe is simple, but luxurious. It's the perfect meal to start the weekend. The quick sauce is made with sautéed garlic, chorizo, white wine, and diced tomatoes. A generous sprinkling of parsley finishes it off. Be sure to serve with a loaf of crusty bread for mopping up the flavorful sauce. To learn how it's done,
- 3/4 pound fettuccine or linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Three 5-inch links precooked chorizo (9 ounces total), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 3 dozen small clams, such as littleneck, rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add the wine and clams, cover and boil. Stir occasionally and, as the clams open, transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low, add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Divide among 4 shallow bowls, add the clams and sprinkle the parsley on top.
- Pasta, Main Dishes