I spent last year's Labor Day weekend eating my way through the Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off. Though I'm skipping it this year, I've found a bevy of other barbecue events for you to sink your teeth into this holiday weekend.
Looking for something a bit more chichi? Consider checking out the inaugural Taste of Beverly Hills hosted by Food & Wine and featuring chefs Michael Voltaggio and Art Smith, among many others. Where are you and your appetite headed this long weekend? Pipe up in the comments below.
- Sparks, NV: Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off — Sept. 1–6
- Pittsburgh, PA: Savor Pittsburgh — Sept. 2
- Beverly Hills, CA: Taste of Beverly Hills — Sept. 2–5
- Sonoma, CA: Sonoma Wine Country Weekend — Sept. 3–5
- Denver: A Taste of Colorado — Sept. 3–6
- Indianapolis: 15th Annual Rib America Festival — Sept. 3–6
- Morgan City, LA: Louisiana Shrimp and Petroleum Festival — Sept. 3–6
- Hamburg, PA: Taste of Hamburg-er Festival — Sept. 4
- Buffalo, NY: National Buffalo Wing Festival — Sept. 4–5