Sorbet is a great alternative to ice cream. It's perfect for those who are lactose intolerant, refreshingly fruity, and way lower in fat. While it's great served alone in a delicate little bowl, it's more festive as part of a super simple frozen dessert. This dessert is so simple, the only thing you need is time for it to freeze. Purchase groceries today, assemble tomorrow night, and serve on Wednesday. Serve on a white plate, garnished with blueberries, for a patriotic splash.
I know lots of you will love this recipe, so get it now, just read more
1 pt. (2 cups) raspberry sorbet, softened
1 cup cold fat free milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) vanilla flavored instant pudding & pie filling (recommended: Jello's fat free, sugar free, reduced calorie version)
8 oz whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
1 cup raspberries
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil. Spoon sorbet into pan; freeze 10 min.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping; spread evenly over sorbet in pan.
- Freeze 3 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, invert pan onto plate; remove foil. Let stand 10 to 15 min. to soften slightly before cutting into 12 slices to serve.
- Place one slice on each of 12 dessert plates. Top evenly with raspberries. Store leftover dessert in freezer.