1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup fresh English peas, shelled
1 cup fresh yellow corn kernels (about 2 ears)
2 teaspoons minced jalapeno
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 cup okra, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 cup fresh baby spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shelled peas and enough water to barely cover. Cook over high heat for two minutes.
- Add corn; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add jalapeño, garlic, and okra; saute 3 more minutes.
- Stir in spinach leaves, and cook another 2 minutes, until leaves have begun to wilt.
- Stir in tomatoes, then remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes
- North American