- 7 ounces sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups mango, pureed, roughly 2-3 mangoes depending on the size
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed sweet lime  juice*
- 1 1/2 cups very cold whole milk
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the milk and process until the sugar is dissolved, approximately 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and whisk in the milk. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator until the mixture reaches 40 degrees F or below, approximately 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process until it is the consistency of soft serve ice cream. You may serve now or transfer to a lidded container and place in freezer until firm, approximately 3 hours.
Makes about 1 quart.
*If you can't find sweet limes, use regular limes.
- Desserts, Ice cream