For the blondies:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch morsels
For the maple sauce:
1/2 cup butter
2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Butter pecan ice cream, optional
- Make the blondies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-by 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture a little at a time until just combined. Fold in the pecans, white chocolate chips, and butterscotch morsels.
- Transfer to the parchment-lined baking dish, spreading the batter out evenly, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool before cutting into 16 squares.
- Make the maple sauce: In a small sauce pot, melt the butter. Add the softened cream cheese, and whisk to combine. Whisk in the powdered sugar until smooth. Add maple syrup, and mix.
- To serve, pour warm sauce over each blondie, and top with a scoop of butter pecan ice cream (if using).
- Desserts, Brownies
- 16 blondies