Holy shmoly this stuff is delicious! It's caramel popcorn plus marshmallow goodness, and there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion! I was looking for a quick afternoon snack, and thankfully I just stocked up on marhsmallows for the Summer (can you say s'mores?). My only problem with this recipe is that it doesn't harden like regular caramel popcorn does, so I ate the gooey mess with a fork.
For more pictures and the recipe, keep reading.
1 package microwave popcorn popped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. light corn syrup or honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
12 large marshmallows
- Pop popcorn until done, remove any unpopped kernels.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows.
- Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Spread onto a baking sheet to cool. (Or eat it with a fork like me!)
- Store in an airtight container.