Honey provides a sweet counterpart to the peppery arugula. With so many different elements, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleasing success. Check out the recipe when you
2 pounds ground pork or turkey
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon grill seasoning
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
Salt and pepper
12 red or black seedless grapes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups arugula, chopped
1 cup basil leaves, torn
1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. In a large bowl, combine the pork, balsamic vinegar, grill seasoning, fennel seeds, crushed red pepper and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into 4 equal portions; form each into 3 meatballs. Press 1 grape into each meatball, then pinch the meat to seal.
- Coat the meatballs with 2 tablespoons oli and thread onto skewers. Cover and grill, turning, until firm and cooked through, about 18 minutes.
- In another large bowl, toss the arugula, basil and parsley with the lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and honey; season with pepper.
- Warm the flatbread on the grill. Top each with greens, some ricotta mixture and 3 meatballs.
- Main Dishes, Pizza
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern