The seventh season, which premieres Sunday, June 5, at 9 p.m., is the network's most star-studded yet and features celebrated figures from Alton Brown to Michael Symon to Ina Garten. Among the challenges? Performing live on the Rachael Ray Show, catering the Guy Fieri-headlined All American Food Festival, and competing head to head in Kitchen Stadium, Iron Chef America-style.
Season seven's challenges aren't the only part of the show that's advanced — the contestants sound like a pretty qualified bunch, too. To see the 15 finalists who'll compete come June, keep reading.
- Alicia Sanchez, 33, bakery owner and teacher, New York, NY
- Chris Nirschel, 28, sous chef, Hoboken, NJ
- Howie Drummond, 40, local cooking show host, Highlands Ranch, CO
- Jeff Mauo, 32, private chef, Chicago, IL
- Juba Kali, 29, research chef, New Orleans, LA
- Justin Balmes, 32, farmers market specialist, Marietta, GA
- Justin Davis, 31, food blogger, Minneapolis, MN
- Jyll Everman, 31, culinary teacher, Glendora, CA
- Katy Clark, 34, food and fitness small business owner, Long Beach, CA
- Mary Beth Albright, 38, food writer, Washington DC
- Orchid Paulmeier, 38, restaurant owner, Bluffton, SC
- Penny Davidi, 39, restaurant franchisee, Los Angeles, CA
- Susie Jimenez, 31, caterer, Aspen, CO
- Vic "Vegas" Moea, 35, restaurant chef, Las Vegas, NV
- Whitney Chen, 28, professional chef, New York, NY
Will you tune in to watch another season of Next Food Network Star drama?