If you have any leftover jerk chicken wings — although I'm not sure why you would — go ahead and try this simple monday leftover tip. Pull the meat from the bones and toss with a few simple ingredients to create a fantastic hearty salad. If you don't have any left, don't fret, I've got another easy recipe to help you turn a weekday meal into a weekday feast. To get the recipe,
1 lb. boneless breast of chicken, skinned
2 Tbs jerk seasoning
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 ears of yellow corn in husks, washed and dried
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. asparagus, washed and dried
2 red bell peppers, washed and dried
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
1 Tbs. finely minced fresh chives
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Trim the boneless breasts of chicken of all fat. With the sharp tip of a knife, separate the 2 tenders from the back of each breast and trim away the white tendons. Rub the boneless breasts and trimmed tenders with the jerk seasoning, rubbing the jerk into the meat on all sides.
- Place the chicken in a glass or ceramic bowl, and pour in the 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil. Gently mix to distribute the olive oil among the pieces of chicken. Marinate for 2 hours.
- To prepare the corn for the grill, pull the husks down and remove the silks, being careful not to tear off the husks. Rub each cob liberally with olive oil then pull the husks back up.
- Trim the asparagus of its woody ends, and blanch in simmering water until bright green but still crisp. Refresh in an ice bath, and dry thoroughly. Core and seed the red bell peppers, and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips, 2 inches long.
- Heat grill and brush with olive oil. Brush excess marinade from the chicken breasts and tenders and grill with the corn, just until the chicken is marked on the outside and cooked through. The corn is cooked when the husks are charred and the kernels have been slightly colored.
- Allow the grilled chicken and corn to cool. Cut chicken at a 45-degree angle into 1-inch strips. Shuck the corn of its husks and cut the kernels off the cob with a sharp paring knife.
- Combine the chicken, corn, red bell pepper and asparagus in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, and wine vinegar. Add the lime juice, continuously whisking until the juice is fully incorporated.
- Fold in the lime zest and minced chives, and season to taste with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Dress the chicken and vegetables with the lime chive vinaigrette and serve at room temperature.