Yesterday PartySugar gave us a tasty recipe for Oscar-worthy Black Truffle Risotto. If you're like me, you ended up snacking so much during the Oscars that when it came time for the main course, you were too full to eat. So what to do with all that lovely chicken and risotto? Why not turn it into a delectable pan fried treat and whip up some Risotto Pancakes? You can use the leftover risotto as the base and mix in some of the leftover chicken as well. The end result will be a little bit like a corn fritter and a lot like something you're definitely going to enjoy. To check out the recipe,
This recipe is for a standard risotto pancake, but since you may have leftover roasted chicken too, you might want to shred it up and add it to the risotto mixture. And definitely top with more shaved truffles. Personally, I would also try adding in some goat cheese too, but that's mostly because I've got a ridiculous goat cheese addiction.
Adapted from S&W Rice and Williams-Sonoma
1 to 2 cups leftover Risotto
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp butter
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, mix risotto with egg until thoroughly combined.
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Before butter browns, add bits of risotto batter.
- Use a tablespoon for small silver-dollar pancakes or 1/2 cup for larger, 4-inch pancakes.
- Cook undistributed until bottoms are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Flip pancakes and sprinkle each one with 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Uncover and continue frying until light brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer.
- Be sure not to crowd pan; if necessary, cook in batches, adding more butter as needed.
- Sprinkle cooked pancakes with a little grated Parmesan and serve immediately.