An unexpected way to use leftover salmon from Sunday's Dinner is in a quesadilla. Sure, everyone has had chicken quesadillas, but tortillas filled with salmon are far less common. Jalapeno peppers provide a delicious kick when paired with the salmon and melted cheese. Sun dried tomatoes are a surprising flavor in the guacamole, making this a highly flavorful, super original meal. To start your week off with an exciting, easy dinner, get the recipe and read more.
8 flour or whole-wheat tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded Monterey Jack
2 cooked salmon fillets, pulled apart with 2 forks into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
2 Hass avocados, pitted and flesh removed from skin
1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Coat a large griddle with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on a flat surface. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup cheese. Toss salmon with chili powder and place on top of cheese.
- Top with sliced jalapeno peppers and a second tortilla.
- Place tortillas on hot griddle and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cheese melts.
- In a blender, combine avocado, sun-dried tomatoes and lime juice. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, fold in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve quesadillas with guacamole on the side.