The best part of leftover grilled tuna is that it's so versatile. You can stir into pasta (hot or cold), it tastes great in an omelet, or as crabcake style tunacakes. However, one of my favorite things to do with it is to make it into a cold salad. The salad can be served on bread, toast, crackers or in a wrap. For a quick and easy way to use up last night's leftovers, read more
Leftover tuna steak meat (equivalent of at least 10 oz.)
1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup cucumber chunks, meat only
1/4 cup diced onion
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 head lettuce, chopped
4 large tortillas
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp diced green onions
salt & pepper
- Combine first 7 ingredients and chill.
- Whisk together sesame oil, lime juice, teriyaki sauce, cilantro and green onions to make dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add equal amounts of lettuce and tuna salad to each of the 4 tortillas.
- Serve with dressing on the side.