- 2 jalapeño chiles
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 6 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 6 Tbs. shredded manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa verde
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish, optional
- Preheat broiler. Broil jalapeños on foil-lined baking sheet 15 minutes, or until blackened, turning once. Transfer to bowl, cover, and let stand 15 minutes. Peel, remove seeds, and coarsely chop.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pepper, and sauté 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Sprinkle 2 tortillas with 3 Tbs. cheese. Top with jalapeños, mushrooms, and remaining tortillas. Broil on baking sheet 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with salsa verde. Garnish with cilantro, if using.
- Other, Main Dishes