- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups packed nasturtium leaves and tender stems
- 1 green onion, ends trimmed, sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded pecorino cheese
- 7 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt (optional)
- In a small skillet, over a medium low heat, toast the pine nuts until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Be sure to watch them as they can burn easily.
- Using a food processor, grind up the nuts finely. Add nasturtium, green onion, and cheese. Process until the mixture is smooth and thick like a paste.
- While the machine is running, slowly add the olive oil and process until well mixed. Taste and season with salt.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Other, Condiments/Sauces