With Mardi Gras parades and festivals going on today across the country and a handful of restaurant weeks still going strong, this week's a great time to pay a visit to your favorite food events: If you live anywhere nearby, celebrate dungeness crab season in Northern California, as well as the beginning of Florida's strawberry season. And if you're attending the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, perhaps I'll see you there!
Got any fine food events that you see left off this list? If so, chime in below. Will you be going to any of this week's events?
- New Orleans, LA: New Orleans Mardi Gras — Feb. 24
- St. Louis, MO: St. Louis Mardi Gras — Feb. 24
- New York, NY: NYC Restaurant Week — Feb. 24-27
- Chicago, IL: Chicago Restaurant Week — Feb. 24-27
- Orange County, CA: Orange County Restaurant Week — Feb. 24-28
- San Francisco, CA: Dungeness Crab Week — Feb. 24-Mar. 1
- Houston, TX: Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Championship Bar-B-Que Contest — Feb. 26-28
- Minneapolis, MN: Minnesota Monthly Food & Wine Experience — Feb. 26-Mar. 1
To see the rest, read more.
- Plant City, FL: Florida Strawberry Festival — Feb. 26-Mar. 8
- Albuquerque, NM: Fiery Foods & BBQ Show — Feb. 27-Mar. 1
- New York, NY: New York Wine Expo — Feb. 27-28
- Boca Raton, FL: Boca Bacchanal — Feb. 27-Mar. 1
- San Francisco, CA: San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition — Feb. 28
- San Francisco, CA: 7th Annual Celebrity Crab Fest — Feb. 28
- Comstock Park, MI: Winter Beer Festival — Feb. 28
- Grant, FL: Grant Seafood Festival — Feb. 28-Mar. 1
- New Orleans, LA: Culinary Inspired Seasonal Mixology — Mar. 2