The holidays may be over, but that doesn't mean you should stop celebrating with food. Whether you're craving truffles or interested in sustainable farming, there's something going on that's right up your alley. I'll be in attendance at the first session of the monthlong Chefs' Holidays, a celebrity-chef-studded event that includes cooking classes, demos, kitchen tours, and a big blowout gala dinner, all in the middle of Yosemite National Park. Stay tuned for a report from the field — and should you find yourself there, look out for me!
What are you up to this week? Do share what's going on in your neck of the woods.
- DeKalb, IL: Northern Illinois Farm Show – Jan. 6-7
- Vail, CO: Big Beers Festival — Jan. 7-9
- Sonoma, CA: Sonoma Valley Olive Festival: Martini Madness — Jan. 8
- Salem, OR: Oregon Wine, Food & Brew Festival — Jan. 8-9
- Coconut Grove, FL: Great Taste of the Grove — Jan. 9
- Santa Cruz, CA: Santa Cruz Fungus Fair — Jan. 9-10
- Yosemite, CA: Chefs' Holidays at The Ahwahnee, Session 1 — Jan. 10-13
- New York, NY: Truffles and Banfi — Jan. 11
- Boulder, CO: Twisted Pine Potluck — Jan. 12