Springtime is coming, as illustrated by the fact that the country is buzzing with fun food events this week. Whether you want to watch a coffee competition in Portland, OR, or attend a gastronomic gala in Charleston, SC, there's likely to be a fabulous food event near you.
Know of any goings-on that you see left off this list? If so, chime in below. Will you be at any of this week's events?
- Plant City, FL: Florida Strawberry Festival — Feb. 26-Mar. 8
- Chicago, IL: Chicago Restaurant Week — Mar. 3-6
- New York, NY: NYC Restaurant Week — Mar. 3-20
- Garden Grove, CA: Japanese Food and Sake Festival — Mar. 5
- Fulton, TX: Oysterfest — Mar. 5-8
- Charleston, SC: Charleston Food and Wine Festival — Mar. 5-8
- Dare County, NC: Taste of the Beach — Mar. 5-8
- Portland, OR: United States Barista Championship — Mar. 5-8
To see the rest, read more.
- Dallas, TX: Savor Dallas — Mar. 6-7
- Philadelphia, PA: Philly Beer Week — Mar. 6-15
- Calistoga, CA: Mustard, Mud, and Music: Calistoga Jazz Festival — Mar. 7-8
- Tempe, AZ: Great Arizona Beer Festival — Mar. 7-8
- Sonoma County, CA: Annual Barrel Tasting — Mar. 7-8
- New Orleans, LA: World Cocktail Week in the Big Easy — Mar. 8
- San Francisco, CA: Slow Food Nation Eat-In — Mar. 8
- New York, NY: Taste Napa Valley — Mar. 9-12