Last week, Top Chef contestant Nikki Cascone almost went home because of a bad batch of mushrooms. However I've been fully assured by several Sugar cohorts that it must have been a fluke because her food is fabulous. After a recent Coutorture cocktail event, my pals told me that the appetizers were delicious and the desserts — specifically the doughnuts with melted chocolate — were to die for. One of the apps that stood out to me was an endive boat filled with apple, pecorino cheese, and chives. With my recent endive fascination, I knew I had to get the recipe. Luckily, the folks at 24 Prince were kind enough to pass it along.
You can check out the recipe, along with other droolicious food photos and photos of Chef Nikki all glammed up; just
1 Gala Apple
4 Large Endives
1 tbsp Chopped Chives
4 tbsp Citrus Vinaigrette [recipe follows]
1/3 cup shaved Pecorino Cheese
Fresh Mint, chiffonaded
- Julienne the whole apple into a mixing bowl.
- Peel off large outer leaves of endives to use as boats to hold the salad. Finely chop the remaining hearts and add to apple.
- Add chives to mixing bowl.
- Add Citrus Vinaigrette into salad.
- Add Pecorino Cheese into mixing bowl with salad.
- Mix altogether and place a small amount of salad into each endive boat, garnish with fresh mint.
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 grapefruit
Juice of orange
1/2 cup sugar
salt to taste
Emulsify ingredients together.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American
Photos courtesy of Jayne Wexler
Hair and Makeup by Don Rockicki