1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon honey
4 teaspoons water
2 dashes cinnamon
Ice cream or frozen yogurt, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Core the apples, removing a little extra of the apple to create a space for filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, honey, water, and cinnamon.
- Place the apples on a sheet of aluminum foil and then use a spoon to stuff each apple with an even amount of the oat mixture, pressing the oats into the apples.
- Wrap each apple loosely with aluminum foil, place on a sheet pan or heatproof dish, transfer to the oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
- To garnish, serve each baked apple with a scoop of frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream, if desired.