There are certain recipes that every baking enthusiast should master. In my head, I have an imaginary list of these dishes. It's divided into categories and under the cookies subtitle, you will find oatmeal raisin cookies. Since this recipe was not checked off, I recently decided to make them.
After researching recipes, I selected Ina Garten's variation with pecans. Over 50 people have raved about it on Food Network and I have to agree, it's a simple method that yields spectacular results!
Oatmeal raisin cookies are great for mailing to a friend because they are durable and hearty. While they make a wonderful afternoon snack or sweet on-the-go breakfast, my favorite way to enjoy these cookies is in an ice cream sandwich made with vanilla ice cream. Whatever way you eat them, you can't do it without the recipe: get it now.
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pecans on a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes, until crisp. Set aside to cool. Chop very coarsely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together into a medium bowl.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Add the oats, raisins, and pecans and mix just until combined.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop 2-inch mounds of dough onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly with a damp hand.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack and cool completely.
Makes 30-35 cookies.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.