For the breadsticks:
3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water
3 cups bread flour, plus more for surface
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup butter, melted, plus more for greasing bread bowl
For the topping:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Into a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and let sit for 5 minutes until bubbles and foam form.
- Into a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour and salt. Mix in the softened butter. Pour the yeast mixture into the flour and continue to mix until combined.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Place dough in a well-buttered bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Take roughly 2-ounce portions of the dough and roll it out on a floured surface to form breadsticks that are 7 inches long. Place the breadsticks on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Cover, and set aside for another 1 1/2 hours or until dough has doubled in size again.
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Bake breadsticks for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush each one with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Serve warm.
- Appetizers, Breads/Crackers
- 10-12 servings
- Cook Time
- 2 hours