What do you get when you combine chocolate, hazelnut, orange sprinkles, and Hershey's kisses? A delicious cookie that is perfect for Halloween!
These cookies are easy to make because they don't involve shelling any actual nuts. The hazelnut flavor comes from Nutella, the classic chocolate hazelnut spread. If you don't want to make these cookies for Halloween, it's still a great recipe to have in your collection. They would be equally fabulous dotted with red and green sprinkles and topped with a white chocolate kiss for Christmas; so get the recipe now,
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup orange sprinkles, or orange sugar
1 (9-ounce) package of chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped (recommended: Hershey's)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated. Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
- Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls. Rolls the balls in the orange sprinkles or orange sugar, pressing to adhere.
- Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven.
- Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
Makes 36-40 cookies.