This recipe for parmesan chicken is an impressive meal that's easy enough to throw together at the end of the week. You coat pounded chicken cutlets in a cheese and bread crumb mixture, then cook until crispy and delicious. Serve with a green salad dressed with a lemon vinaigrette and you've got a wonderful meal. To make it suitable for entertaining, start with a charcuterie and cheese platter and pour a creamy, full-bodied Chardonnay.
For dessert, serve macerated strawberries with vanilla ice cream. Voila! Instant dinner party. Get the effortless entree recipe and
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Unsalted butter
- Good olive oil
- Salad greens for 6, washed and spun dry
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pound chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat chicken breasts on both sides with flour mixture, then dip both sides into egg mixture and dredge both sides in bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Meanwhile make the lemon vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the salad greens with the vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American