Fab took my advice and transformed a section of the bar into a personal party haven. Use these ideas on your next bash and make the space Fab-worthy. Here's what she did:
- Arrive early. Fab showed up with a posse of pals at nine. This allowed her to scope out the scene, stake out several tables, and set up decorations.
- Use balloons and rose petals to enhance the mood. Fab hung balloons from a nearby wine cage and scattered blood red rose petals across the tables.
- Get guests ready to party with photos. Fab's bff brought along her Polaroid camera and snapped pictures of everyone. She left the camera on the tables allowing guests to snap party pics at their own leisure.
- Speak with the owners of the bar. Fab talked to the bouncer, Quentin, and let him know where the party was located. When guests arrived and asked for Fab's party, he pointed them in the right direction.
- Have fun! Rye doesn't have a dance floor, but that did not stop us from getting our groove on.
- Surprise guests with a sweet treat. Cupcakes are so 2007, instead bring French macaroons. These petit treats are just as chic and delightfully tasty. Fab ordered so many, the bakery gave her ten extra for free!
For more tips on how to host your own fab bar party, plus a full gallery of photos from Blood is the New Black,